The Road to Fabulous is a Rocky one

When I started this blog I had the best of intentions to write a weekly blog chronicling my journey to finding the balance between being the best Mom I knew I could be and still being a vibrant fabulous 29 year old single woman.   Well, I'm now 30, Lord help me, and needless to say I've found the road to fabulous to be a rocky one!  I can't seem to finish a task let alone write a weekly blog on how to be fab!  As we speak the dishes are half done, the laundry half folded, my nail polish half taken off, the list is endless.  And then I go on facebook to read how my fellow Mommy's have managed to clean their homes, make a gourmet meal, impress their husbands, make gift baskets for neighbors, run a bake sale, make blankets for old people, and ensure world peace all in a days work....who are these people????  But I am determined....not to be one of these people, but to be my own version of Fabulous.  So after much thought about this blog I've finally figured out my purpose. I know if I feel this way so do plenty of other moms, and woman for that matter!  So here we go ladies.  I'm bringing you along as I try all sorts of ways to find my version of fabulous.....this may not be for the sensitive or weak at heart! 

This week I'm starting a lifestyle change....not diet, cause that word is evil and using it is the sure fire way to fail.  Lifestyle change sounds like something you want to throw out in conversation.  "Are you dieting?"  "Of course not!  I'm lifestyle changing."  Instant "diet" upgrade, people will take you serious....well, maybe not, but diet is evil and I refuse to use the word!  So I'm challenging myself to eat clean and welcome all of you to join.  Going forward i will post any recipes and tips I find.  The challenge I found is 100 Days of Clean eating, but lets be realistic, I can't commit to a blog let alone 100 days, so I'm starting with 30 days. And by starting I mean tomorrow, today I've eaten everything in site in preparation, cause that's the only logical thing to do!  Along with my month of eating clean I'm participating in the March 5 Minute Plank Challenge. 

5 days into the plank challenge and so far so good!!!  Keep you posted on this and the workouts I have lined up, but between the plank challenge and the Eating clean challenge I call this my March Madness!!!  College hoops has got nothing on this, challenge accepted! 

My second challenge to myself is to find frugal ways to be fab, I'm convinced that its possible.  You know all those "do it yourself" beauty, health, and home tips you find on line, well I'm on the search for the best at home rescues for beauty, health, and home that will have people going "Wow, look how great she looks" without my wallet screaming "Lord and Baby Jesus we can't afford this, what are you thinking!!"  Challenge Accepted! 

I just had an "Ah Ha Moment"......If I'm going to eat clean I should go to the grocery store!! 
Welcome back to my crazy life!





Comments

Popular Posts